Infographic Credit: One Productions
While I love the thought of using the handsome desktop caddy above as an organizer for pens, pencils, paperclips, and staples, I love what they’ve done with it in the picture even more. The tiny little succulent city isn’t just beautiful, it’s somehow relaxing too – something you can’t get enough of whether you work from home or outside of the home.
- Package included: 1 x Desktop Organizer Only(Other accessories are Not included). Made of wood and featuring a classic brown finish.
- Features 2 tall compartments that are perfect for storing office essentials like small notepads, pens, pencils, highlighters, and scissors.
- 1 shorter compartment is ideal for smaller items, such as paper clips and , that you want to keep within easy reach.
- Available in brown (shown) or blue.
Click here for a closer look.
I seriously love this virtual message center for computer monitors. Available on Amazon for less than $10, it’s a must have as far as this serial note-taker is concerned.
Click the link for more information and to take a closer look.
- Steel ribbons mark the hours of this modern wall clock
- Made of bent stainless steel; red hands make the time easy to read
- Quartz clock movement allowing for precise and maintenance-free measurements
- Clock measures 12-Inch diameter x 2 1/4-Inch depth (30.5 cm dia. x 5.7 cm)
- Battery operated (batteries not included) – 1 AA battery required
See Stainless Steel Ribbon Wall Clock for more information!
Infographic Credit: Gaming Chair Insider
Love this so much you’d think I created it myself.
(unnecessary disclaimer: I am not the brains behind this beauty)
The Hemingway Pencil Cup is the perfect gift idea for writers, office workers, bloggers, students… basically any of us who often wonder if there really is a world out there beyond our desk.
- Typewriter themed design
- Faux stone composite
I noticed that one of the raving reviews said that this is even cuter in person. As cute as it is in the picture, it must really be something else in person!
See Hemingway Pencil Cup for more information.
What is it about trains that brings about such a warm felling of nostalgia?! Even those of us who didn’t grow up near train tracks are instantly transported to a quieter, easier, and more innocent time. The gorgeous (and I mean gorgeous) Train Wall Art above certainly does the trick.
Seriously, I think I could just stare at it for hours. I can’t put my finger on it, but it puts me in a really relaxed state of mind. And I’m not even a “train person” – at least I never thought I was!
- Giclee artwork, print on the premium artist canvas.
- Gallery wrapped and stretched with wooden frame on the back.
- Each panel has a black hook already mounted on the wooden bar ready to hang out of box.
- Gorgeous in any room of your home or in an office or other workplace setting.
- A great gift idea for your relatives and friends.
- Your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed! Once your prints arrives, if you are unhappy for any reason, the company will provide a full refund within 30 days after receipt.
See Train Wall Art for more information.
Study after study shows how unhealthy it is to sit for long periods of time each day. Those of us who work at the computer from home or at a desk in an office setting cringe a little each time we hear these dire results. I always want to whine, “Whaaat am I supposed to dooooo????”
Some tasks simply must be done at the desk and working at a computer (as I do) requires sitting, right? Well… maybe not.
Stand up desks are becoming pretty popular and I can’t help but think we’ll all benefit from it. While most of us don’t want to invest all kinds of money into a new desk, stand up or otherwise, three is an ingenious Fully Assembled Desk Converter on Amazon that checks off our three primary concerns…
- … it’s affordable.
- … it’s easy to use.
- … it gets us up off our derrieres
When you click through the link (Fully Assembled Desk Converter), you’ll find more pictures and information. There’s a knock-out infographic midway down the page that’ll tell you everything you need to know.
If you’ve been using the same IT systems for a few years now, or you’ve grown a bit and your current systems or provision isn’t quite up to the job anymore and is getting unwieldy, then it’s time for a review.
Many people choose to have a review when they change their IT support. It may be that you’ve had an in-house team or person for years and this is no longer working as well. You might be looking to outsource as this makes life more flexible. You’re in Hemel Hempstead and your IT support in Birmingham, for example.
Whatever your reasons, a review will look at possible future issues and give you the information you need to make your next decisions.
You need a review if…
- your IT needs have changed and you’re looking to outsource;
- your current provider isn’t enough anymore;
- you feel you’re paying your provider too much;
- you know you need more support but you don’t know how or where;
- you’ve been running the same systems for a while and no-one’s looked at them;
- you feel you’re not getting the most out of your current set-up, and
- performance issues are growing.
What a review will show you
It’ll give you an overview of all your network and system machines at the domain level; this means you don’t need to perform manual checks on each device, which can take ages.
It can show you the weaknesses and strengths of your IT infrastructure, as well as vulnerabilities and areas where you could improve performance.
You should also ask for your key performance indicators and security issues in order of priority – ones to sort immediately, the ones to address when the time comes and the ones to leave be.
How is a review performed?
You could ask for an engineer to visit you to examine your existing infrastructure and gather information about it. He or she will talk to staff members and find out what problems they face daily and to work out how you use your tech.
Generally, a review will take two or three hours, maybe more if your network is on the larger size. All the information is taken away and analysed, then you’ll get a review report with an action plan for the future.
Is it safe?
Of course, you may feel wary about letting a third party into your networks, so you should ask for references from the company conducting the review. You can also ask to talk to its other clients and companies. Your reviewer should offer a non-disclosure agreement and be registered with the Information Commissioners Office.
What you’ll gain
You’ll have a detailed system and infrastructure analysis, you’ll find out your key metrics and how much disk space you’re using. You’ll also get an overview of your antivirus protection, down to each device, as well as a review of your firewall and antispyware protection.
All active and inactive users will be analysed, as well as your domain and all your passwords. Any patches that have happened in the past will be listed and looked at, as well as your apps, their versions and how many have been installed.
In short, you’ll find out how much at risk you are to external events or attacks, understand how your use of your IT affects your productivity, and learn about any weaknesses and gaps that you could plug.
The handsome Today is a New Day Wood Wall Art Print by Marla Rae isn’t just perfect for the office or home office, it’s perfect for any workplace or any room of the home.
I love the reminders it gives us – reminders that (lets’ face it) we desperately need.
- 12″ x 16″ WOODEN CAFE-STYLE MOUNT Wall Art hanging by artist Marla Rae.
- CANVAS PRINT textured finish, ready to be hung with flush keyhole hanger.
- HANDCRAFTED BLACK WOODEN FRAME support canvas print.
- ANYTIME INSPIRATION of motivational messages for hope, change, love, renewal and compassion.
- MULTIFUNCTIONAL earth toned color scheme to match any decor.
Click through the link for more information about this inspiring beauty and to see others like it.